From my website statistics, I see that the most popular posts are “Free RAM Disk supports FAT, NTFS and disk size up to 3 GB” (951 views) and “Free RamDisk works on Windows 7” (48 views) — both about a wonderful free software that lets you reserve part of the installed system memory as a volatile RAM disk. Read the linked posts for more on what you can use the software for. The latest DataRAMDisk 3.5 version (3.0 MB MSI installer download) brings you
- Configuration option added to disable creation of a backup image file.
- Image file is automatically compressed when saving to an NTFS file system. In addition to reducing the amount of disk space required, this also dramatically reduces image save/load times. (There is a configuration option to disable this if so desired.)
Along with some bug fixes:
- Fixed uninstall issues under Windows 7.
- Fixed start menu items not being deleted when uninstalled.
- Improved multiple start reliability under Windows XP.